"Don't Waste Your Life" is more than I expected. I knew it would be about going all out for God but it's been such a challenge to read through as the Spirit works to re-set my priorities! Whew...
Mr. Piper fills the book with excellent illustrations to bring his point across - I enjoy these very much as it helps me to remember what I'm learning and gives me an easy way to share with others.
A favorite has been an example using sunbeams and a quote from C.S. Lewis where he talks about standing in an old building and seeing a sunbeam coming through. The sunbeam lit up the space and he stared at it and watched the dust particles dancing around within. Next, he looks up through the crack in the ceiling and all of a sudden is momentarily blinded by the source of the sunbeam -- the sun! The point of this illustration is to remember that all of our blessings here on earth are sent from God alone and while it's OK to enjoy the sunbeams our real focus needs to be the source from which they come -- the Son!
I'm about at the half-way point in "Don't Waste Your Life" - I highly recommend it! The study guide really brings out the best and creates even more great food for thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment